On Wednesday, June 21 at one of Hollywood’s favorite hangouts for the elite, Avenue, we had the opportunity to mix and mingle with the cast of E!’s Famously Single, now premiering Sundays in its second season at 10 pm PT/9 pm CT.
We had the chance to get up close and personal interviewing the cast of the eight notoriously lovelorn celebrities, including Tiffany Pollard (best known as “New York” by rapper Flavor Flay of VH1’s “Flavor of Love” and “I Love New York”), The Bachelorette’s Chad Johnson, Dorothy Wang, designer and entrepreneur and best known as the breakout star of “Rich Kids of Beverly Hills,” fitness model and American Gladiators Tornado, David McIntosh, “Dancing with the Stars'” Karina Smirnoff, “Keeping up with the Kardashians” star and Khloe’s bestie, Malika Haqq, “Jersey Shore’s” Ronnie Ortiz-Magro and British-American Model and Actor Calum Best, on their journey for love.
While they couldn’t let us in on all the steamy secrets this season, they did share some juicy gossip, while on their quest for love. The group worked with celebrity love coaches Dr. Darcy Sterling and Rob Mack. Some of the insider tidbits we received?
- “Wake up with a hangover, and on to the next drink…joking, but you wake up interested in the therapy session with Dr. Darcy and Rob, to hear some of the knowledge they have, it inspired me.. to really think about what they were saying and put it into play now at 36. There were some awkward dates for sure, some you were blindfolded.” – Calum Best
- “It was so much fun, and so many things happened…I feel like I was doing funny things every day so there were a lot of “Dorothy-isms” going on. Even though I was so tired and didn’t want to get involved, I’m also such a nosy person, I just want to be involved with everything and walked room to room to see what was going on. I did not sit myself down. There were a lot of juicy moments and a whole lot that happens in one day. The boys are crazy, typical boy stuff, a lot of hookups. People were very open.” – Dorothy Wang
- “Top 3 relationship tips? Figure out what you like and don’t like. Hands down, the other two most important things? You have to know how to have a fight and resolve conflict – this doesn’t just go for your romantic relationships, but with everyone personally and in business. The most important – you have to know how to communicate.” – Dr. Darcy Sterling
- “At a certain point in time, you have to allow for organic things that blow your mind for no good reason.” – Rob Mack
- “The hottest hookup this season? I’m a little bit envious to say this season it wasn’t me and I had nothing to do with it. It’s all Ronnie and Malika…they were hot and heavy on entrance. The connection was forming and I’m thinking, why couldn’t this be me? But it was all them. [Spoiler alert and already reported]: “Ronnie proposed to Malika – that was bananas.” – Tiffany Pollard
Tune in every Sunday at 10 pm PT/9 pm CT on E! to catch all the action for yourself! Thanks to E! for hosting us!
-Alyson S. Campbell