It’s a exciting day for us gadget addicts as Microsoft announced the latest addition to the Surface family, The Surface Pro 3! Of course with any new tablet, this one is a step up from the previous version. Surface Pro 3 has a 12-inch ClearType Full HD display, 4th-generation Intel Core processor and up to 8 GB of RAM. With up to nine hours of Web-browsing battery life, Surface Pro 3 has all the power, performance and mobility of a laptop in an incredibly lightweight, versatile form.
I’m not general a Apple fan, so I love that the Pro 3 is 30 percent thinner than an 11-inch MacBook Air. This is the solution to the problem of having to carry around both a tablet and a laptop. Especially you’re a person who is always on the go, like myself (Thank you Microsoft!). With so many functions and versatility, this little piece of machinery can go just about anywhere, like the classroom, at work, or a weekend getaway.
While I am still putting it to the test, you should also know that there is a new Surface Pen. The Pen has be redesigned and delivers delivers a precise, luxurious drawing and note-taking experience with a single click of the pen. The pen communicates with the Pro 3 and can be used to fire up OneNote at the click of a button. I got a chance to try it out for myself and it worked flawlessly.
Top benefits to purchasing the Surface Pro 3:
• Replace your laptop: Surface Pro 3 takes you from tablet to laptop and back with the optional Surface Pro Type Cover and Docking Station for Surface Pro 3. Prop Surface Pro 3 and Surface Pro Type Cover up on your lap to type on the go, flip the cover back and use Surface Pro 3 like a tablet, or draw with Surface Pen. Connect Surface Pro 3 to the docking station to create a powerful desktop rig. It’s the tablet that can replace your laptop.
• Feel the power: With the option of three different 4th-generation Intel Core processor models and packing up to 8 GB of RAM, Surface Pro 3 is a powerhouse providing enterprise-worthy performance, all in a thin and lightweight package.
• Write, draw and create: Surface Pro 3 includes the all-new Surface Pen that is pressure-sensitive and precise, so you can get creative with drawing and note-taking. Surface Pen makes it easy to mark presentations, PDFs and documents just like you would on paper.
• Smile for the camera: Featuring two 1080p HD video cameras, 5MP rear- and front-facing cameras, capturing image stills or video chatting is easy and beautiful.
• All the programs you need: Surface Pro 3 is compatible with virtually all your favorite and critical Windows software, including Microsoft Office. With Windows 8.1 Pro, you can download apps from the Windows Store and use them side by side with Snap View, or load custom line-of-business apps for your workforce.
The Surface Pro 3 is estimated to retail for just $799 and will be offered in multiple configurations featuring 4th-generation Intel Core i3, i5 and i7 processors. The Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro Type Cover and Surface Pen will be available for pre-order starting May 21 at 12:01 a.m. EDT through Microsoftstore.com, Microsoft retail stores and select third-party retailers.
UPDATE 6/20/2014: TODAY is the day! The Surface Pro 3 is now on sale at retail stores, online, and through Microsoft retail stores, MicrosoftStore.com, third-party retailers such as Best Buy, Staples and Tiger Direct, and commercial resellers.
- Intel® Core™ i3 and i7 versions of Surface Pro 3 will become available for purchase on August 1 in Canada and the U.S.; and
- Docking Station for Surface Pro will become available for purchase August 15 in Canada and the U.S., with pre-order starting today in these markets
I have been using the Pro 3 everywhere I go for the past month and it essentially has replaced my macbook.More than 90 Microsoft retail stores that will be hosting launch day activities today when the stores open, including white glove pre-order pick-up, giveaways, prizes, music, food and the chance to enter to win a vacation to Hawaii.
Happy Surface Pro 3 Day!